Covid-19 has sparked an increase in racism against East Asians in America, whether immigrant or native born. However, racism against all groups of Asian descent has been around for much longer, with racist stereotypes and the model minority myth. Join Queens Memory and our partners for an online discussion about the current higher educational experience for Asians in America, who are facing the continuously evolving challenge of racism. We will also discuss how Asians in America can provide ally-ship and solidarity to other groups that are experiencing racial oppression.
– Frank Wu, President-Designate, Queens College/CUNY
– Joyce Moy, Executive Director, AAARI-CUNY
– Vivian Louie, Director, Asian American Studies Program & Center, Hunter College/CUNY
– John Chin, Professor, Urban Policy and Planning, Hunter College/CUNY
– Madhulika Khandelwal, Director, Asian/American Center, Queens College/CUNY
– Serena Teh, Student Council, Asian/American Center, Queens College/CUNY
Program sponsored by the Queens Memory COVID-19 Project of Queens College and Queens Public Library, Queens College Asian American Center, and Asian American / Asian Research Institute – City University of New York